It has become quite clear to me that iTunes was never intended for a windows platform and apple have no interest in fixing it up and making it any better... The application is so slow and annoying... What pains me the most is that I like to sync my iphone regularly when I'm at the office so everytime I'm at my desk, i'll plug it into the USB cable and let it sync... What a nightmare!  especially when I'm just starting the laptop up and I plug it in... iTunes consumes every bloody resource on the laptop and startup, which normally takes 3-5 minutes no takes 10-15 minutes... And the worst part is that once you've plugged it in, you realise "oh sh1t, I've just initiated iTunes again..." and set yourself up for the long wait that:

a) it takes iTunes just to startup
b) how it renders the rest of the system completely unresponsive

Here we are bashing windows for years and years because I thought they did silly things... How wrong I was, they are so far advanced beyond Apple it is unbelievable! Apple are b-graders, flaky systems designed only for their looks with no substance whatsoever under the hood... I liken the Apple Mac and Apple iPhone to my Mazda CX-7.  It looks great both inside and out, impresses your friends but with a 23.l, 4 cyclinder engine under the bonnet is seriously lacking in the engine room.. Just like the MAC and iPhone - The perfect design for my wife - as long as it checks email, has internet access and looks good - that's all she cares about... Start looking for more than that and you'll be severely disappointed!

Windows actually had it right!!! a small Active Sync system tray application that managed everything... It loaded a small footprint into memory and required nothing more... When you connected the pda, it synced immediately, had no adverse affect on the machine and was done in seconds... If only the Apple iPhone had this sort of technology linked to it, the experience would be so much more pleasurable...

Here's something I thought I'd never say: "Apple, go talk to Microsoft, I'm sure you'll learn a few things about smart technology!!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 things I dislike about the Apple iPhone

Calendar Synchronisation

Apple iPhone version 3.0 announced